Saturday, March 15, 2008

Beertastic

Last night I went to my first REAL company party. I honestly can't think of a time when I've attended another one, having always changed jobs before the big X-mas blow out or the summertime company picnic.
Due to the copious amounts of free beer, I got super drunk and am now the proud owner of this:

I am also the proud owner of a hangover.
Actually, a pretty good time was had by all and I should take a minute for a quick shout-out to my ladies, Leah, Kim and Jane, without whom I'm pretty sure I would never drink as much or be as obnoxious. Love you guys. Hope you feel as craptastic as I do today.
_________________________________________

I'm reading a really good book right now. It's one of my true crime novels by Ann Rule. Small Sacrifices, it's called. Totally F-ed up story about a woman who shot her kids, killing one and critically injuring the other two, here in Oregon in the early eighties. This chick is a total sociopath and the story is fascinating. If you're looking for a guilty pleasure read, this is a good one.
I have to start Middlesex soon, as it's this month's selection for our book club. I underestimated and didn't finish Cannery Row last month, so if I don't finish this book I lose all credibility within my literary circle. Although, I'm pretty sure I screwed that pooch ages ago.

1 comment:

V said...

Imagine that, you getting drunk. I'm flabbergasted.

Also, I've been reading Middlesex for three months, and I'm still only on page. . . well, I'd rather not say. It's shaping up to be a good book, but it ain't exactly a page turner. More of a slow digester -- more cheese than bran. You'd better get started, quicklike.