Sunday, August 1, 2010

We Have Arrived


We've officially arrived in Columbus and, after a hearty lunch to pep me up, I'm feeling really good about all this. Dillon and I walked through campus today and it still feels so unreal that we're actually here. Our sublet is perfect for the short time we'll need it and the kitties are doing great!!

I've designated the month of August to be my (in my opinion) well deserved Stay-cation. Yes, I know I had a honeymoon last year and made a couple of trips to NYC, but with no job and a lot of time on my hands, I've taken it upon myself to do some serious vegetating.

In fact, I can barely write this post because I'm completely engrossed in a Top Chef marathon that I:

A. Feel completely guilty about spending the entire day watching.

B. Am toying with the idea of going to cooking school. *NOTE* This, of course, happens every time I become engrossed in a Top Chef marathon. I'm also considering summering at the Jersey Shore, becoming a Real Housewife of Columbus or gaining 100 lbs just so I can meet Jillian and Bob. Besides, Dillon's not to keen on my going on the Bachelorette.

Yes, I have to get my resume together.

Yes, I need to cook dinner for my very productive husband (he's busy WRITING!!).

Yes, I need to return several phone calls and make a date with an old college pal.

But, it can wait, right? I'm on staycation, Dammit!!!

No comments: